Monday 23 July 2012

Exhibits, Part II

I hope you haven't been waiting too anxiously for these, I managed to get distracted again.

First up, summer swifts. This was originally intended as the background for a steampunked dragonfly to got with the butterfly & moth, but it didn't work, so I inked in a few swifts for a nice simple summery canvas.


Next up some recycled art. This was originally a workshop piece. It's watered down acrylic sponged onto some basic cardstock. The stone....  yes, it's a stone. No, I know you thought it was something else,  stop sniggering. As I was saying; the stone is acrylic with salt texture, and it's all mounted on a  piece of scrap cardboard from a packing box.



Last, but not least, a pencil sketch inspired by one of the exercises on Lisa Wright's course.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous every one Nigel! Especially your "stone" ... which, snigger-inducing or not, is fantastically beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nigel, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did snigger too... not that I meant to, but I couldn't help it... I do love the colours though, and the top painting is just fabulous... I really like it... fab...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I am really drawn to the first one- the way the blues sweep with the birds- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's lookin at ya Nigel

    thanks for the giggles and oh and ahhs

    you've been busy

    your swifts speak to me most of all

    Happy Weekend to you

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.