Wednesday 7 March 2012

Transformation

Some of you may remember this from before Christmas.


It's one of those things that sits unloved in the corner,
feeling ugly,
glaring at you,
trying to induce a guilt complex for not producing something beautiful.

It worked!
I had to finish it.

First some stamped tissue.

Then add a suitable quote

And finally seal it with beeswax.

It's still ugly,
but it's a good sort of ugly.
And it's also stopped laying a guilt trip on me.
(although that may be due to the fact that it's in a jiffy bag and heading south!)

10 comments:

  1. It is probably thinking to itself that it is happy to have waited. Looks very good. In fact a very desirable little canvas..lucky south!
    xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly for your comment....I had meant to say in my earlier comment above, that I also had used beeswax today. Like fashion....all the fashion houses come up with the same thing each season. (Are there any new ideas in the universe? :) )
    Just joking of course;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is ugly at all! AT ALL! Your piece reminds me of Autumn leaves being swept about by the breeze of Indian summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so intrigued by this piece and appreciate the step-by-step directions. I've always wanted to try beeswax. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing with this much great texture and color should ever be called ugly. It reminds me a bit of autumn leaves, too, and I like it...even in its original state :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not ugly ...just different and you will be pleased with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are being so hard on this poor little gem... it isn't ugly at all and I love the colour palette and the quotes are just perfect too... you are a hard man to please Nigel...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beeswax is perfect for all that rich and wonderful texture! I think it is fanastic and whomever is receiving it will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the angel canvas you sent me guards me everyday, Nigel ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. such inspiring words Nigel and I find your canvas rich and colorful!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.