Saturday 29 October 2011

It's a Steampunk-Hallow'en-Christmas-sort-of-thingie

The results of today's workshop at the Cubby Hole, with the talented Christine Costello.

The workshop title was 'A Steampunk Christmas Canvas', but somewhere along the way the airships and hot air balloons seem to have transformed into crows and ravens.

That's one of the joys of Cubby Hole workshops, everybody puts their own stamp onto things, so instead of half-a-dozen identical pieces there's a wide range of results, from delicate mermaids, through shabby-chic, to downright grungy!

Happy Hallowe'en!

4 comments:

  1. Very atmospheric! I love flying machines of the man-made variety, but even more I love those flying machines you depict here. I have seen ravens,though rarely; very characteristic call and tail shape. :)
    Nice one!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece Nigel and I agree with Sue above very atmospheric, that was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Wonderful. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Love your Steampunk Christmas piece:) Really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.