Monday 21 March 2011

Nearing the end...


...of the birthday bubble.

In the last 4 weeks I've made a dozen cards for various people's birthdays. These two were made on Saturday at the Cubby Hole, before I headed out into sunny (ha!) Wales for a couple of nights in the van. If you want the full story of the weekend, and some rambling thoughts, take a look here.

Last but not least, thanks to Diane at Collagitation for some tips on dealing with blood spatter. I've used chalks and copper spray, and the butterfly card should now be safe from CSI ;)




Recycled card:
Numbers and recycled art stamps - Paperartsy
Birthday stamp - Crafty Individuals
Diamond stalks - Magenta




Inchies card
Live, love, laugh, learn - Image Tree
Discover, hope, dream - Inkadinkadoo


8 comments:

  1. Great rescue idea for the blood splatter lol ;) And great birthday cards, you've been busy with those birthdays, haven't you?! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quirkyness of the cards Nigel. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent cards - love how artistic they are, especially the layers of collage. I have the same problem with lots of birthdays in one concentrated block - I'm impressed by your output, as I have, I'll admit, resorted to bought cards now and then lol. Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice shimmery transformation to your butterfly card

    yours cards are each so unique and individual...lucky recipients!

    Happy Tuesday!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nigel, the copper spray is brilliant! Thanks for the link to my blog, and your nice comment there.

    Hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all three cards. The collage is my favourite and I think it works so well because you have kept the neutral colour palette. The middle one has a very 'interesting' background. The 'fiddled with' one, you will probably feel safer sending, but I quite liked the 'blood splatter'...but I do like the copper too!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. olá Nigel,
    vim agradecer o comentario no meu blog!

    e uma OPORTUNIDADE de conhecer seu blog que é maravilhoso!
    hummm bom demais!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.